This software should provide the ability of its functions distribution between computer stations in the Transport Company network, as well as integration of all functions on one PC (to support small Transport Companies). It should NOT automatically intervene into the Vehicle's Controller activity on routes or manage the output of information on the Information Boards, installed therein. The main function is to assist the Transport Company in the organization of work, including monitoring and planning. It must have a friendly Graphical User Interface and automatically notify the dispatcher in case unusual situations with vehicles on the routes.
The following is a verbal description of some forms of data input and information, that the software should provide.
NOTE: examples of some GUI screens of a similar purpose can be found in the description of the Software for the Blood and Plasma Center.
COMPUTER STATION DESCRIPTOR
As stated earlier, this software must provide both distributed work on the network, and the ability to retain all functionality, being installed on only one PC. This form should provide the user with convenient and simple means of assigning the Basic Functions, available to the operator of this computer station in accordance with his official duties. For example, the dispatcher for issuing/receiving a Driver's Personal Card does not need to have access to the functions, which are not within its competence, as employees management, requisites of the Transport Company, etc. In some cases, certain groups of employees should not even know about existence of certain special functions of the software. Those, a set of visible and permitted operations must be dynamically generated for each user. The same Basic Functions can be assigned to the different PCs (for example, dedicated dispatcher PCs).
This form should contain the following visual information:
- The full address of Transport Company, including the E-mail address and telephone number of the responsible person for operational communication. This data should be automatically included in the outgoing E-mail.
- The E-mail address of the Urban Transport Control Center, where the Transport Company sends its E-mail every day. The automatic handler of incoming E-mail accepts it only from the specified address.
- The 3 telephone numbers of Dispatch Center, to be used by intercity vehicles, in which controllers the GSM-modules installed. These numbers correspond to the stored in the Driver's Personal Card. Urban vehicles make information exchange on cheaper channels of the selected type MESH network, and use the corresponding Unique Identifiers for authorization.
- Text and audio files, containing the current names of all stops, serviced by this Transport Company. At the same time, in the database there should be two fields for each stop, containing the hash values of the contents of the specified files. The first field contains the hash of the current name, and the second contains the previous one. This is necessary to support the ability to rename the streets by government (see the description of loading the Information Panel profile).
LEVELS OF ACCESS TO THE SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS
In most cases, the Basic Functions of the software assigned to each PC on the network have Subordinate Functions. This form is intended to describe the limitations of access to the Subordinate Functions, corresponding to the duties of the employees. It assumes 10 Levels of Access, respectively, for 10 groups of employees. The 11-th level (zero) prohibits access to the software. The form provides a convenient Graphical User Interface, made in the form of "trees" and "branches" of the Main and Subordinate Functions for assigning access to each level (a group of employees).
This form should contain the following visual information about each employee of the Transport Company:
- The photo with date
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Personal Identification Number (or Unique Identifier in this Transport Company)
- Home address
- Home phone
- Position (selection from lists with the possibility of editing):
- Human Resources Officer
- Security guard
- Dispatcher of issuing/receiving the Driver's Personal Card
- Driver, etc.
- Checkbox if administrator. An employee with such a feature can edit important primary information, already entered into the database. For example, the state number of the vehicle, the driver's blood group, etc.
- Current working status (selection from lists):
- Is ill
- Business trip
- The level of access to the functions of this software (slider):
0 - no access
1-10 - levels
- The password for accessing this software (for access level 0 - the field is disabled). The password must not be readable and stored in the database in the form of a hash
- Optionally, only the driver descriptors should open the following fields:
- Driver License Number
- Driving License Category (A, B, etc.)
- A list of types of vehicles (bus, trolley, etc.), on which the driver is allowed to work in the given enterprise
- List of numbers of city routes, with which this driver is acquainted and is allowed to work. It is assumed that the same route number can be serviced for different types of transport. The Urban Transport Management Center provides all Transport Companies with a standard list, numbering the routes.
- The type and number of the vehicle, assigned as default for this driver (selection from lists)
- The type and number of the vehicle, on which the driver is currently operating (selection from lists). It is assumed that in the event of a breakdown and the completion of the repair of the default vehicle, the driver may be assigned to another vehicle. This field is not editable - information is taken from the daily automatically controlled data.
- Route number from which the driver's working shift begins by default (selection from lists)
- Route number on which the driver is located at the current moment (selection from lists). It is assumed that during the working shift, the driver can be redirected to other routes, familiar to him. This field is not editable - information is taken from the daily automatically controlled data.
- Blood group (choice from lists)
- There should be a "Copy to file" button to download driver's information to the specified media. It is necessary for ordering the Driver's Personal Card in the Service Center (photo, name, etc.).
This form should contain the following visual information:
- Type of vehicle (list - bus, trolley, etc.)
- Brand name, according to the manufacturer's specification (list with editing capability)
- State number (for buses) or Unique Vehicle Identifier in this Transport Company (for trolleybuses and trams)
- Date of manufacture
- Date of acquisition by this Transport Company
- The maximum possible service life from the acquisition (years)
- The Number of technical passport
- Total mileage (km) (automatically filled non-editable field)
- Total number (non-editable fields):
- Scheduled Technical Services
- minor repairs
- medium repairs
- major repairs
- Date of the next scheduled maintenance (not editable field)
- Current state of the vehicle (list):
- on the route (if chosen and vehicle was under repair, ask to request confirmation and if yes - call the screen form "Return vehicle from repair")
- in repair (if chosen, ask to confirm and if yes - call the screen form "Vehicle repair")
- out of service forever (if chosen, ask to confirm and if yes - show the calendar to select the date)
- Date of marked as out of service forever (not editable field)
- Checkbox to mark if the vehicle Controller on board. If the mark is active (controller is installed), then the following fields should be available:
Current status of the Vehicle Controller:
- OK. If choosen to be repaired, ask to confirm and if yes - call the form "Return of the Vehicle Controller from repair." If it is the initial installation of the controller, then call the form "Installing the Vehicle Controller" (selecting from the list of controllers not yet installed).
- In repair. (if chosen, ask to confirm and if yes - call the form "Repair of the Vehicle Controller")
The date of the primary installation of the Vehicle Controller (not editable field)
Unique Transport Controller ID (not editable field)
Total number of repairs done (not editable field)
If there were repairs of the Vehicle or Vehicle Controller, enable the "Show Repair Histogram" button and options 'Choice', to define the viewing period, the driver of this vehicle before repair, etc. When this button is clicked, a histogram must be constructed according to the selected parameters.
INSTALLING THE VEHICLE CONTROLLER
REPAIR OF VEHICLE CONTROLLER
RETURN OF THE VEHICLE CONTROLLER FROM REPAIR
REPAIR OF VEHICLE
RETURN OF VEHICLE FROM REPAIR
GENERAL DEFINITIONS OF VEHICLE
This form describes the main coefficients of the cost of repairs and maintenance planning and should contain the following visual information:
- Types of vehicles, supported by this Enterprise (checkboxes)
- The definitions of the cost of different types of repairs:
- vehicle Type (list)
- minor repairs - cost up to ...
- medium repair - cost up to ...
- overhaul - more ...
- Definitions regarding the frequency of scheduled maintenance:
- vehicle Type (list)
- brand name according to the manufacturer's specification (list)
- 1-st Maintenance - mileage up to ... km
- 2-nd Maintenance - mileage up to ... km
- 3-rd and subsequent - every ... km